The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) (UK, 2009–2013)
The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions, with more than 160,000 members across 127 countries.
It aims to inspire, inform and influence its members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by the work of engineers.
One purpose of the IET’s website was to inform readers of the latest developments in different sectors.
A number of freelance web researchers were needed to gather news and information – in the form of URLs – relevant to particular ‘Communities’ according to a list of supplied keywords.
What I did
- Added one or more quality news links per ‘Community’ every day of the working week via a web form (URL, source, date).
- Researched content such as news, blog posts, white papers, audio and video files, and presentations.
- Initially served the power ‘Communities’ followed by (later in the project) general or subject-specific engineering news.
- Covered absence or vacancies within the team as needed.
- When the pool of freelancers was reduced to one, the IET retained me (“most consistent and conscientious contributor”) until the end of the project.
Contact me to find out more about what I did with the IET or to talk about working together.