Business in the Community (BITC) (UK, 2010)
BITC is a business-led charity that focuses on promoting responsible business practice. Its vision is for every business to act responsibly, thereby ensuring a sustainable future for all.
Its international ENGAGE campaign aims to increase and improve employee community engagement. The ENGAGE Toolkit helps international community practitioners design and implement employee engagement programmes globally.
The ENGAGE Toolkit, which sat on a separate website, needed updating. The BITC team had already worked on the content, creating a 60-page Word file that required:
- reviewing for consistency and readability
- structuring for the web
- editing where appropriate.
What I did
- Developed a sitemap and flow diagram for BITC to take to development meetings with key stakeholders.
- Attended team meetings by conference call to provide input on content structure.
- Reviewed the update content, providing edits, queries and feedback on areas for improvement.
- Produced ‘web friendly’ copy that was accessible, usable and optimised for both people and search engines.
Contact me to find out more about this BITC project or to talk about working together.