Continuing professional development is important for any professional. I keep up to date and develop my skills by studying online courses and reading publications by experienced writers and translators.
I am currently studying:
- How to Translate and Localise Websites (Level 2), DP Translation Services
- Transcreation Essentials, Nina Sattler-Hovdar on ProZ
- Introduction to Intercultural Studies: The Branding of Culture, University of Leeds on FutureLearn
- Introduction to Intercultural Studies: Language and Culture, University of Leeds on FutureLearn
Completion certificates (where issued) available on request.
I have recently completed:
- 2021 – How to Translate and Localise Websites (Level 1), DP Translation Services
- 2021 – Multilingual Practices, University of Groningen on FutureLearn
- 2021 – Working with Translation: Theory and Practice, Cardiff University on FutureLearn
- 2021 – Introduction to Content Design, Government Digital Service (GDS), GOV.UK on FutureLearn
- 2020 – Advanced Spanish-to-English Translation Course with DipTrans Preparation, The Translatorâ€™s Studio
- 2018 – Online Marketing (8th Edition), FundaciÃ³n UNED
- 2021 – How to Translate Marketing Texts, Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) Training
I also learn through and refer back to books, blogs and other online and print materials written by industry experts. In due course, I will add a list of the publications sitting on my real and virtual bookshelves.
Find out more about me, take a look at my services, see some of my projects or get in touch.